Tuesday, February 10, 2009

filipino librarians at ala

I met many Filipinos at the 2008 ALA Annual. I knew many of the younger Filipinos and Filipino Americans through my involvement with APALA. But I also met many librarians from the Philippines. Most of them are participants in a Department of State-sponsored program, in which librarians from various countries are in the US touring various libraries. I also met newer and younger Filipino American librarians.


At the APALA and Hawaiian Librarians reception, we managed to take a picture with Loriene Roy. So, most of us in this pictures are Filipinos. I wish I could tell you who everyone is, but I can't quite remember them all. In this picture are librarians from such Philippine institutions as Ateneo, PLM, Centro Escolar University, etc. Also in this picture are librarians from UCLA, UC Santa Barbara, Cal State Channel Islands, University of Central Florida, San Diego Public Library, Alpine County Library, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment